We have qualified professional male & female fitness dance instructors!
Call now for a personal trainer or group fitness class in Los Angeles and Orange County!
Los Angeles Dance Fitness Studio: 24827 S Western Ave, Lomita, Los Angeles, 90717
Orange County Dance Fitness Studio: 1502 E Warner Ave, Santa Ana, 92704
We are Personal Trainers & Group Fitness Instructors in Los Angeles, who specialize in Latin Dancing. We make losing weight & getting fit fun! Why kill yourself at the gym when you can achieve all your goals with Latin Dance Aerobics with a dance fitness trainer. Lose weight, tone your body, add muscle & get fit with our tailored dance fitness programs, similar to Zumba, all while you have fun learning the hottest Latin dance moves, & party away to hot Latin dance music.
We help you to achieve all your health and fitness goals with our tailored dance fitness programs, just like zumba. Whether you are looking to shed pounds, add muscles, get ripped, we have the fitness program for you.
Numerous scientific studies have been performed showing the aerobic value of Latin Dancing in recent years. The University of Australia found that a Rumba can give the body more tone than running, and a Jive can raise the heart rate higher than a game of squash. In Germany, doctors found significant athletic advantage in dance when they wired the country's 800-meter running champions and its dance champions. Finally, according to the 1991 Steven F. Loy, Ph.D., International Journal of Sports Medicine study, Latin Dancing has the potential to meet exercise intensity criteria regardless of skill level and dances selected.
SUMMARY OF MEDICAL EVIDENCE AND THE BENEFITS OF LATIN DANCE
• University of Freiburg study in 1986: exertion and breathing rates of Latin Dance athletes performing a single dance were the same as cyclists, swimmers and 800m runners over the same two minute period.
• University of Oxford 1988: level of fitness of championship Latin Dancers is the same as Olympic decathletes; a dancer performing a two minute Samba experiences the same exertion level as that experienced by an Olympic 100m hurdler.
• Peter Pover, former President US Dancesport Council stated that tests in Germany “found no significant athletic difference between running 800 metres and doing the Jive or Samba for 1.5mins” Sports Illustrated 1995.
• Medical research has shown that Latin Dancing is comparable with other sporting activities such as basketball, squash and cross country running with dancers performing at over 80% of their maximum oxygen consumption level and burning up at least 300 calories per hour (Blanksby & Reidy, 1988 British Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol 22, Issue 2, 57-60: Heart rate and estimated energy expenditure during Latin Dancing)
• Dancing used by a Mexican cardiologist Dr Hermes Ilarraza for heart disease patients. Patients did 30minutes of dancing over five weeks for five days per week and increased their exercise capacity by about a third.
• New England Journal of Medicine in 2003 reported that elderly people who danced frequently had a 76% lower chance of developing dementia.
We are Professional Latin American Dancers trained in Sports and Fitness. Our Personal Trainers are former International Latin Dance Champions with Professional Sports training backgrounds. Click here for our Personal Trainers' Biographies.
Lose body fat with our intense one on one Latin dancing workouts, which incorporate high energy calorie burning dances such as the Jive, Salsa, Cha Cha and Samba. Tone and rehabilitate your body with the Rumba and Paso Doble. And, work your abs and get ripped with the Samba. Why slave away in the gym with boring exercises when you can have fun one on one, zumba style, with a Personal Dance Fitness Trainer or Group Fitness Dance Instructor in Los Angeles!
Have fun learning and burning calories as we guide you through your favorite dance workouts. Your personal trainer is also a qualified professional dance instructor, and will incorporate the 6 Latin dances into your tailored fitness program to achieve optimum results. Our sessions last 30 minutes or 1 hour each, in one of our dance venues, and we have a range of packages available.
- CHA CHA CHA (Cuban dance providing full body workout)
- SAMBA (Brazilian Carnival Dance isolating abs and bum, provides cardio workout)
- RUMBA (Cuban dance which tones and stretches the whole body, isolating abs, arms and legs)
- SALSA &/OR MAMBO (Cuban dance works the whole body and burns calories)
- PASO DOBLE (Spanish dance which portrays the Bull Fight, while stretching and toning body)
- JIVE &/OR SWING (American Rock n r Roll dance, burns calories through high energy workout)
Weight Loss and Intense Cardio Workouts
Body Conditioning and Toning
Rehabilitation from existing injuries and conditions
Pay as you go
Monthly Payment Program
We are also International Latin American Dancing Champions available for dance teaching, wedding dance lessons and entertainment. Please contact us today for any of our services including Latin Dance Fitness, Dancing Lessons and Entertainment for your event, party or wedding.